Happy New Year!
I realize it’s a bit late, but my brain didn’t quite register the transition from 2012 to 2013 this year. This is mostly due to the fact that I spent New Year’s in another country and was too busy having the time of my life to reflect on the year that was.
Anyway, the highlights of 2012:
1. Tickets to some musical events – namely The Phantom of the Opera, last September, and Madame Butterfly sometime in July (I think).
2. Tickets to the Manila Book Fair in September, and tickets to the Suzuki Cup (football game) Semi-Finals in December (Philippine Azkals vs. Singapore).
3. Movie tickets to this and that movie…
4. The Cheese Club at the Manila Polo Club in February. Interesting experience. A room-full of “exotic” cheeses and wines. Some of the cheeses were really good, while some were not so great (for me anyway). Who would have thought a night eating cheese and drinking wine could be so entertaining?
5. A few postcards from friends: Chicago, Newport (I think), Underground Cemetary, somewhere in the Philippines.
6. Hotel reservation confirmation for Osaka and Tokyo, Japan – This is, by far, the best thing that happened in 2012. Our New Year’s vacation to Japan actually started in 2012: December 30. More about this trip in later posts.
7. Trinkets and photos from friends.
8. Corsage from a graduation last March.
This is how my cork board looks like now:
Highlights of the year, so far: Trip to Japan – Vermillion torii gate from the Fushimi Inari Taisha, Kyoto, which we visited on New Year’s Day, and a postcard of Ginkakuji (Silver Pavillion) in Kyoto.
2013 is definitely off to a good start!